Publication Date: November 09, 2021
Related Topics: Organizational transformation, Change management, Business models, Organizational change, Operations strategy, Innovation, Labor, Managing people, Automation, Data management, Analytics and data science, Algorithms, AI and machine learning, Technology and analytics, Competitive strategy
HBR Special Issue – How AI Is Changing Work
Harvard Business Review Special Issues are timely, single-theme collections of HBR articles written by some of the world’s leading management scholars and practitioners. HBR editors handpick each article for its relevance and insight. To help busy leaders quickly absorb and apply the concepts, these collections also include short “Idea in Brief” summaries. This issue focuses on artificial intelligence and what managers need to know about it. Articles include:
- “Competing in the Age of AI,” by Marco Iansiti and Karim R. Lakhani;
- “Collaborative Intelligence: Humans and AI Are Joining Forces,” by H. James Wilson and Paul Daugherty;
- “Getting AI to Scale,” by Tim Fountaine, Brian McCarthy, and Tamim Saleh.
- “What People Hate About Being Managed by Algorithms, According to a Study of Uber Drivers,” by Mareike Mohlmann and Ola Henfridsson;
- “Why Robots Won’t Steal Your Job,” by Nahia Orduna;
- “How to Choose Your First AI Project,” by Andrew Ng.